Oana in a Barrel

barrelmediamayhem

Just got some mail from Oana at the Port Moody Station Museum. She orchestrated the creation of a postcard barrel there last month and managed to get herself inside the barrel on the front page of the Tri-City News.

I'm very proud to have started a project that is able to put a picture of somebody in a Barrel on the front page of a tri-suburb newspaper.

If you're in the Vancouver area, be sure to get in on the Port Moody Station Message in a Barrel action. It's barrelific!

And if you're not in Vancouver, why not set up your own postcard barrel? --You might be able to get your picture on the front page of the newspaper!

My brother Scott and I visited the POMO barrel last month just before we left for L.A. As you can see from the picture, Oana wasn't in the barrel, just hundreds of postcards. I dropped a new, special, postcard addressed to Dom inside the barrel with the promise of a free dinner to anyone who delivers it:

Five EASY steps to get a free home-cooked meal:

1. Go to Port Moody.
2. Find the Postcard barrel.
3. Find the postcard addressed to Dominique in Montreal.
4. Go to Montreal.
5. Deliver the postcard to Dom.

A free dinner has never been so easy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kyle,
I'm working at the Port Moody Station Museum for the summer and I didn't know you'd been here until I googled pictures of the Station.
I found the postcard addressed to Dominique (3 years later!) and now I'm looking for someone who's on their way to Montreal to deliver it. I've alerted everyone in the Station's facebook group to see if anyone is on their way there.
Just thought you might like to know that the postcard's still out here!