Black cats are good luck: PROOF

A couple of days ago, I made a post about a black cat that crossed my path and how this means good luck to me. I then made an attempt at 'humour' by trying to shine a positive light on all the FREE or YOU JUST WON or DEAR RESPECTABLE SIRS Nigerian email scam stuff that ends up in my, and everyone else on the planet's, email box every day. I thought it was funny, and I had a little chuckle to myself.

Then a few big time blogs somehow got their hands on the site feed for one red paperclip, posted it, and the next thing you know my phone rings and I hear: "Hey Kyle, it's so and so from (enter media outlet here) in (enter city here) in (enter coutry of choice here). Do you want to go on the air and tell you story about the one red paperclip to (enter number here) million listeners?

Needless to say, this was a bit better proof that the black cat was good luck than those shallow attempts at shine-the-best-light-on-those-spam-emails style humour I tried on Tuesday.

If you wanna fan the flames to help the whole 'trade from one red paperclip up to one house' thing actually happen, feel free to post a link to http://www.oneredpaperclip.blogspot.com at as many of these websites as you can!

In related good luck news, I always take it as a sign of good luck everytime I see a white goat. White goats are cool.

There's this lady that lives at the outskirts of Dom's village, St-Alexis-Des-Monts, who has this crazy stash of white goats, and everytime we go up to St-Alexis, I look to see if her white goats are out of the barn. If they aren't, no biggie, it's not bad luck, but if they are out - oh boy, it's blues skies for the foreseeable future.

It'll be cool to see if the white goats are out of the barn next time we roll into St-Alexis. I'll keep you posted - maybe I'll take a picture of them.

Bye for now,

Kyle

No comments: